Girsa, the 8-member all-female traditional Irish group from Pearl River in New York, have the Irish festival in Kansas City September 2011 listed on their current calendar.
Sep 3 and Sep 4, 2011 are the dates Girsa have down for their appearance at the September Irish festival.
Their site says Girsa means “young girls” as Gaeilge (in Irish) but I don’t recognise it so I must have learned the wrong dialect.
Anyway, who are those 8 “young girls”? The The Girsa members are:
• Maeve Flanagan: fiddle, whistle
• Deirdre Brennan: fiddle, mandolin, vocals
• Pamela Geraghty: accordion, guitar, vocals
• Emily McShane: piano, guitar, vocals, bodhran
• Blaithin Loughran: accordion
• Bernadette Flanagan: piano, bodhran
• Margaret Dudasik: fiddle, vocals
• Kristen McShane: fiddle
And that’s a ganseyload of females if ever I saw one.