The Southwest Missouri Celtic Heritage Festival & Highland Games, a catchy little name for a festival, is on tomorrow, Friday September 8 and Saturday September 9th in Buffalo, Missouri at New City Park, North Highway 65.
When a festival in America calls itself Celtic, it generally means ‘Scottish, but there’s a bit of Irish too‘. Anyway, two days, lots going on:
Friday: Golf all day • The Optimist Club serving supper, which doesn’t augur well • Calling of the Clans • and a Ceilidh
• Alex Sutherland & His Cronies - Story Telling
• Jon Reneau - Music
• Patrick Harvey - Irish Harp Music
• The Boatrights - Celtic Gospel Music
• Todd Wilkinson - Kilt & Tartans
• Tom Meehan - Irish Folk Music & Blarney
• Flower O’Scotland - Highland Dancing
• Joel Wren - Bagpipes
And of course, The Highland Games: Braemar Stone • Open Stone Throw • Heavy Hammer • Light Hammer • Heavy Weight Throw • Light Weight Throw • Weight Over Bar • Sheaf Toss • Caber Toss
And in the food there’s bread budding, which is almost enough to make me cycle down there. Oh, and they have Celtic Animals, which are presumably cats and dogs with their tails and legs interlaced.