At the Lawrence Arts Center on Sunday, January 28th, 2007 is the Lawrence Scottish Festival.
One of the longest running Celtic festivals in the region, this is the 11th Lawrence Scottish Fest.
It celebrates Scottish and Celtic music, and the work of Scottish poet Robert Burns.
Festival - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
• Highland Bagpipes by members of “Pipers of the Plains”
• Clan Heritage Booth by Peggy Baker
• Traditional Scottish treats by Rocky Road Bakeries
• Original Celtic jewelry raffle by Jeff Eubanks
• Parade of Tartans by YOU! Get your Kilt on!
Concert - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Traditional Celtic music and Robert Burns songs & poetry by:
• Uncle Dirtytoes Link
• Forest Green Link
• Pipers of the Plains Link
• Rev Douglas Phenix (Topeka St Andrew Society) Link
• Jeanne & Thomas Fox Averill Link
Advance Ticket Discount
Advance adult tickets are available between now and Saturday, January 27th for the discount price of $10, plus 50 cent handling charge. Tickets at the door will be $12 for adults, so $1.50 per ticket cn be saved by ordering early.
The Lawrence Scottish Festival is sponsored by Missouri Valley Folklife Society, Brits, Community Mercantile, and Mass Street Music
For more details including history, photos, and ordering tickets visit the official festival website
For links to sessions, Celtic societies, festivals and other Scottish resources in the Lawrence, Topeka and Kansas Area, check Lawrence Scots