The main Irish related events in Kansas City this St Patrick’s Day are listed on the Irish events page, and many are also over there on the far sidebar. I’ve been adding more links through the night.
There’s also more St Patrick’s related stuff from today going back several years, in the St Patrick’s Day posts category.
Enjoy yourself, be careful, and maybe take a moment to think about emigration by those who would rather not. It takes mass emigration to create such a holiday, and sadly Ireland is currently investing heavily again in this holiday.
In about 1 hour IrishKC will pass one million views. Thank you all, or nearly all, for your visits these 5 years. On with ya now, enjoy yourself. I’ve pictures of Ireland to paint.
NOTE: Dear America, if you care, and you may not, in Ireland it’s Patrick or Paddy, never Patty or Pat.
BACKGROUND & FACTS on St Patrick & Irish Customs:
• Irish Things I Never Heard Until Moving to America
• Corned Beef & Cabbage, is it Irish?
• A Sausage in Ireland is NOT called a Banger
• Is it “craic” or “crack”?
• Is Ireland Really Green, Potato-Eating, and Red-Haired?
• St Patrick Was Not From Ireland? Big Deal
• What the Irish Eat at Christmas
• Miss-spelled Irish
• St Patrick’s Day in Ireland in 2008
• 22 Infrequently Asked Irish KC Questions
• 31 More Infrequently Asked Irish Qurstions
• 25 Things from an Irish View, about Kansas City
• Inflatable Shamrock
• Black Puddings
• The Irish Panda