Arkansas Celtic Fair
Martha Kiley is the development director for Arkansas Celtic Music Society, and she tells me that they are having their annual ARKANSAS CELTIC FAIR down there NEXT WEEKEND, Saturday, February 17, from 11 am to 6 pm.
• John Burleson and Peggy Loyd
• The Arkansas Scottish Country Dancers
• Máirtín de Cógáin - From County Cork, Ireland
• The McCafferty School of Irish Dance
• Two Cents Worth - From Siloam Springs, Arkansas
• The O’Donovan School of Irish Dance
• Legacy - From Jackson, Mississippi
• Traditional Irish Music Session
General Admission is $10, but there are all kinds of discounts for all sorts of people.
Other Festival Features:
• Artists, Craftsmen & Vendors
• Kids Activities
• Miniature Horses
• Silent Auction
• Irish Wolfhound Club of the Ozarks
Location: The Mabelvale United Methodist Church (MUMC) at 10500 Woodman Street in Mabelvale, Arkansas
All details about the fair are on the ACMS website
Martha, and Kevin Kiley of Something For The House just spent the weekend doing support for Máirtín de Cógáin at his gigs at Paddy Malone’s Pub in Jefferson City on Friday, Feb 9th and the next night up in Columbia, Missouri at the Central Missouri Celtic Association gig at Chez Coffeehouse.
Here’s a video of Something For The House performing at last year’s ACMS Celtic Fair: